Skip to main content

Snow

Still getting used to this whole blog thing...

Last night, my mom got home from work and we all went outside to shovel snow. I don't know about you, but in my family, shoveling is an adventure. First we shovel our walks, and then our elderly neighbors walks, and then we shovel our grandpa's walks (he lives next door). It usually takes about an hour and a half. On a good day. On a bad day, by the time we are done shoveling, we have to shovel again because it just wont stop snowing! 

Today we got like 2 feet of snow. Joy! And I don't know about you, but if there was that much snow in your city, wouldn't they call a snow day? Right? Right? 

No luck. I still had to wake up at 6:30, and carpool to school. My first period teacher was 13 minutes late to class. So we just sat around and did nothing for the entire period. And then we had an assembly. I hate assemblies. You can add that to the list of things I really really hate! However, this one wasn't too bad. It didn't suck. The lip-syncs were cool. They had the traditional student/teacher basketball game. Mr. Smith decided to wear short shorts. That was interesting...I had my yearly SEOP and planned the rest of my future. I decided what classes I want to take next year, even though I know they are all going to change by August anyway, and then I had to hike through the snow to get to my car. Snow is an adventure.

Similar to glitter, Snow and I have a love/hate relationship. I love playing in the snow. I love going ice skating and sledding. I love watching snow fall from the safety of my own home. I really hate being outside in the cold. I really hate the wind, and the cold, and the wet, and the slush. I'm getting my driver's license in 4 days (BIRTHDAY!). I really hate driving in the snow. My mother has trained me well.

See, I have this theory...

My mother also has a love/hate relationship with snow. But unlike me, if it didn't snow ever, she would be much happier than if it snowed during Christmas. I hate not having white Christmases. She is deathly afraid of driving in the snow. She couldn't care less if her Christmases were white. A couple weeks ago, I jokingly came up with snow monsters to explain her fear...but I'm starting to think that my joke might be more serious than I thought. Seriously. Watch the 2012 Doctor Who Christmas Special, and then come tell me you aren't having nightmares about the snow monsters. The Christmas Special was set in Victorian England, but imagine what those snowmen could do to your driving! Yes, I know, the Doctor saves us all...but the monsters! I think it's a very good theory. It is, after all, a theory (Ms. Hansen would be so proud...).

So, good luck driving in the snow everyone! Don't let your children make snowmen.



And Don't Blink.

Comments

  1. They carried the don't blink theme too far. Applied to the angels, it makes sense. To the silence too...it's a bit too much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when does it apply to the Silence? I don't remember that...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Brother....

My brother is a very...interesting person. He loves to juggle, and do impressions with really weird accents. He is a math whiz, and he loves to play chess. He wants me to tell you that he thinks he is hilarious (but we just let him think that). We have very strange conversations. Mostly involving Doctor Who or Avatar. He is also very dramatic. Every morning for a year he would say, "I have drama today!" and the person who drives our carpool would say, "You are drama". Everyday. As an older sister, I believe it is my job to not only protect him from bullies (Do you want a piece of me? I have a very large textbook! Yeah, I didn't think so!), but to also be bossy like all big sisters should be. The other day, through an amazing incident involving a birthday invitation and an alphabetical-ized list of invitees from a mutual friend, I realized not only am I older than him, I am also alphabetically superior. Thank you Cody! I think that gives me the right to be as

Me!

Welcome to Watercolors and Wishes! First of, I would like to say that I have no clue what I am doing, and I think my computer is haunted. It hates me. With a burning passion only found in the dead souls of my enemies. That being said I figure that most of you seeing this already know me, but for those that don't: My name is Ana, but my younger friends endearingly call me Bob. It's a long story that I'm sure you don't want to hear (or you have already heard it a million times in which case you really don't want to hear it), but if you really want to know why, and it's keeping you up at night, I will tell you. Just let me know. I am an artist. From painting to dancing to writing to cooking to DIYing, I do pretty much everything. Except glass blowing. Haven't tried that yet, but I hope to remedy that soon. I also crochet! I keep trying to sell my artwork/ crocheted creations, but no one will buy anything. What's up with that? I post all my stuff on Fac