Skip to main content

Me!

Welcome to Watercolors and Wishes! First of, I would like to say that I have no clue what I am doing, and I think my computer is haunted. It hates me. With a burning passion only found in the dead souls of my enemies. That being said I figure that most of you seeing this already know me, but for those that don't:
My name is Ana, but my younger friends endearingly call me Bob. It's a long story that I'm sure you don't want to hear (or you have already heard it a million times in which case you really don't want to hear it), but if you really want to know why, and it's keeping you up at night, I will tell you. Just let me know.

I am an artist. From painting to dancing to writing to cooking to DIYing, I do pretty much everything. Except glass blowing. Haven't tried that yet, but I hope to remedy that soon. I also crochet! I keep trying to sell my artwork/ crocheted creations, but no one will buy anything. What's up with that? I post all my stuff on Facebook, and everyone says, "Oh Ana, you're such an amazing artist!" or "Those scarves are so cute! I would totally buy that!" and then no one buys stuff. It's actually kind of funny.

I am what my mom calls "a pack rat". Someday all the random junk I collect will finally have a purpose, and saving it for all these years will finally be worth it. My favorite collection is probably my scarf collection. I have 5 favorites, and a rarely wear the rest and they sit in a box at the top of my closet, but they are just so pretty!

Glitter and I have a love/hate relationship. I'm not a huge fan of wearing glitter or sequins, but I love putting glitter on everything from art to cupcakes (seriously, edible glitter! look it up on Pinterest!). I once stole my friends hat and dumped glitter in it, and then put it back on his head. He had glitter in his eyebrows for weeks! :D I have always wanted one of those bedazzler thingies, but I would probably injure myself and never really use it.

I love trees. I really wish I had a huge climbing tree in my yard, but I don't. My friends like to call me a tree hugger  because that's what I do. I walk around parks or the downtown area and hug trees. I also like to force other people to hug trees. I don't think trees get the love and appreciation they deserve. I mean seriously, they convert all your CO2 into oxygen. They save your lives every day. Show some appreciation people. Hug a tree today. Name a tree today. Throw a birthday party for a tree today, bake a cake, and invite all your imaginary friends. Whatever floats your goat.


I do have blue hair. It is my pride and joy. It's also natural, although no one else in my family has blue hair. I think I might be adopted. My parents never tell me anything. They just say I'm special, and take me to my therapist. :D No, I am not punk. No this is not a rebellion (okay, maybe a little bit). Fun hair is the future! My brother says I'm a hipster. I think that if I'm a hipster based on my appearance, so is half of my school population. The other half is gangster, and they keep tripping over their pants.

Speaking of tripping, I'm a klutz. I tripped over my own toe in dance class the other day. My friends laughed at me. Stairs hate me with a vengeance. I fall down them frequently.

So yeah. That's me. I'm sure I will remember something terribly important later. Oh well.


-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Brother....

My brother is a very...interesting person. He loves to juggle, and do impressions with really weird accents. He is a math whiz, and he loves to play chess. He wants me to tell you that he thinks he is hilarious (but we just let him think that). We have very strange conversations. Mostly involving Doctor Who or Avatar. He is also very dramatic. Every morning for a year he would say, "I have drama today!" and the person who drives our carpool would say, "You are drama". Everyday. As an older sister, I believe it is my job to not only protect him from bullies (Do you want a piece of me? I have a very large textbook! Yeah, I didn't think so!), but to also be bossy like all big sisters should be. The other day, through an amazing incident involving a birthday invitation and an alphabetical-ized list of invitees from a mutual friend, I realized not only am I older than him, I am also alphabetically superior. Thank you Cody! I think that gives me the right to be as

Snow

Still getting used to this whole blog thing... Last night, my mom got home from work and we all went outside to shovel snow. I don't know about you, but in my family, shoveling is an adventure. First we shovel our walks, and then our elderly neighbors walks, and then we shovel our grandpa's walks (he lives next door). It usually takes about an hour and a half. On a good day. On a bad day, by the time we are done shoveling, we have to shovel again because it just wont stop snowing!  Today we got like 2 feet of snow. Joy! And I don't know about you, but if there was that much snow in your city, wouldn't they call a snow day? Right? Right?  No luck. I still had to wake up at 6:30, and carpool to school. My first period teacher was 13 minutes late to class. So we just sat around and did nothing for the entire period. And then we had an assembly. I hate assemblies. You can add that to the list of things I really really hate! However, this one wasn't too bad. It di