Skip to main content

Surrounded by Angels...

March has been incredibly difficult for me, and I am very grateful it's almost over. I have struggled against depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, and impulses to self-harm...

And God has been here with me every step of the way. Every panic attack, every time I cry myself to sleep, every self-doubt- all of it. And when I was at my lowest God sent me angels - from both sides of the veil- to comfort me.

God sent me Carter to give me hope of a future worth staying alive for.

God sent me Tessa to take away my scissors.

God sent me my dear mother to send me funny memes and inspirational quotes, and to stay up talking with me until four in the morning.

God sent me Caroline to make sure I was okay when I was crying at midnight.

God sent me Lauren to get me out of the house.

God gave me a bishop, and teachers, and a wonderful therapist to be voices of guidance in the darkness.

God sent my angel grandmother to watch over me, to protect me from myself when no one else could be there. She gave me the strength to throw my razor blade across the room. She gave me the strength to pray.

Satan is trying his very hardest, but he will not win. At the beginning of March, I went to my bishop and told him I felt like I didn't have a great support system. I realize now that I have always had an immense support system, but I can't see (or even comprehend) even a fraction of it. I will not let Satan win, not after God has sent me so many angels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Brother....

My brother is a very...interesting person. He loves to juggle, and do impressions with really weird accents. He is a math whiz, and he loves to play chess. He wants me to tell you that he thinks he is hilarious (but we just let him think that). We have very strange conversations. Mostly involving Doctor Who or Avatar. He is also very dramatic. Every morning for a year he would say, "I have drama today!" and the person who drives our carpool would say, "You are drama". Everyday. As an older sister, I believe it is my job to not only protect him from bullies (Do you want a piece of me? I have a very large textbook! Yeah, I didn't think so!), but to also be bossy like all big sisters should be. The other day, through an amazing incident involving a birthday invitation and an alphabetical-ized list of invitees from a mutual friend, I realized not only am I older than him, I am also alphabetically superior. Thank you Cody! I think that gives me the right to be as

Snow

Still getting used to this whole blog thing... Last night, my mom got home from work and we all went outside to shovel snow. I don't know about you, but in my family, shoveling is an adventure. First we shovel our walks, and then our elderly neighbors walks, and then we shovel our grandpa's walks (he lives next door). It usually takes about an hour and a half. On a good day. On a bad day, by the time we are done shoveling, we have to shovel again because it just wont stop snowing!  Today we got like 2 feet of snow. Joy! And I don't know about you, but if there was that much snow in your city, wouldn't they call a snow day? Right? Right?  No luck. I still had to wake up at 6:30, and carpool to school. My first period teacher was 13 minutes late to class. So we just sat around and did nothing for the entire period. And then we had an assembly. I hate assemblies. You can add that to the list of things I really really hate! However, this one wasn't too bad. It di

Me!

Welcome to Watercolors and Wishes! First of, I would like to say that I have no clue what I am doing, and I think my computer is haunted. It hates me. With a burning passion only found in the dead souls of my enemies. That being said I figure that most of you seeing this already know me, but for those that don't: My name is Ana, but my younger friends endearingly call me Bob. It's a long story that I'm sure you don't want to hear (or you have already heard it a million times in which case you really don't want to hear it), but if you really want to know why, and it's keeping you up at night, I will tell you. Just let me know. I am an artist. From painting to dancing to writing to cooking to DIYing, I do pretty much everything. Except glass blowing. Haven't tried that yet, but I hope to remedy that soon. I also crochet! I keep trying to sell my artwork/ crocheted creations, but no one will buy anything. What's up with that? I post all my stuff on Fac